In today's show, Dan Carter, Senior Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, is joined by Nick Sargen, Senior Economic Advisor. Nick previously served as Fort Washington's Chief Investment Officer for 15 years. Prior to joining the firm, he spent 25 years on Wall Street and has experience with the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco and the U.S. Department of Treasury.
Nick Sargen shares insights from his recent quarterly commentary titled Preparing for Economic Liftoff and What Ensues. He and Dan also talk about COVID relief legislation, inflation, budget deficits, and Biden's infrastructure package.
Topics Covered In This Episode:
- Economic outlook for the balance of 2021. (0:36)
- Markets appear to have embraced the positive economic outlook and the U.S. economy is poised for a strong liftoff. Where does this leave risk and what key data points are you watching? (3:56)
- Size of the fiscal stimulus and potential inflation concerns. (5:55)
- Balancing short-term benefits with longer-term potential consequences of the Federal Reserve's new policy approach. (8:28)
- Infrastructure package details and how it might be financed. (11:42)