At the 2019 LIMRA Annual conference on Oct. 29, LL Global, the parent company of LIMRA and LOMA, named Jill McGruder, senior vice president and chief marketing officer of Western & Southern Financial Group, to be the next chair of the LL Global board of directors in 2020. McGruder succeeds Brandon Carter who is president and chief executive officer of USAA Life Insurance.
Neil Sprackling, president US life and health, Swiss Re American Holding Corporation, was elected vice chair and will succeed McGruder as chair in 2021.
In addition to announcing the new board leadership and directors, LL Global unveiled its new 5-year strategic plan, Compass 2025, during the conference. The new strategy realigns LL Global’s structure and priorities to better serve its 1,300 global members.
“I am honored to have the opportunity to help LL Global’s leadership team begin to implement its new strategy and work with the rest of the board to guide the organization towards its goal of becoming a trusted, relevant and indispensable resource for all of its members,” said McGruder.
The LL Global board provides oversight and guidance to LIMRA and LOMA to ensure the strategic direction continues to meet the changing needs of member companies.
Thirteen new directors also were named to the board:
- Rob Arena, co-president, Global Atlantic Financial Group
- Jonathan Bennett, head of group benefits, The Hartford
- Aimee DeCamillo, chief commercial officer, Jackson Holdings LLC
- Michael Emerson, executive vice president and head of U.S. and Latin American markets, RGA Reinsurance Company
- Mary Jane Fortin, president, Allstate Financial Businesses
- Lori Dickerson Fouché, chief executive officer, TIAA Financial Solutions
- Jacques Goulet, president, Sun Life Canada
- Adrian S. Griggs, executive vice president and chief operating officer, Pacific Life Insurance Company
- John Grogan, chief product and innovation officer, Northwestern Mutual
- Kevin Hogan, chief executive officer, AIG Life & Retirement
- Joe Monk, senior vice president – financial services, president and chief executive officer, State Farm Bank
- Michael Q. Simonds, president and chief executive officer, Unum US
- John Vaccaro, head of MassMutual Financial Advisors, MassMutual
“The pace of change for our industry has never been greater,” said David Levenson, president and CEO, LL Global, LIMRA, LOMA, SRI. “As we implement a new strategic plan for our association, it is critical that we have senior, experienced industry leaders to help us forge a path for the future focused on what matters most to our members. We appreciate their commitment to our association and to the industry.”
On Jan. 1, 2010, LIMRA and LOMA merged under the umbrella of LL Global, Inc., which provides a unified management structure. LL Global is a not-for-profit trade association with operating divisions LIMRA and LOMA.
About LL Global
LL Global is the non-profit parent company for LIMRA and LOMA. LL Global provides a unified management and board structure for both trade associations. LIMRA and LOMA have a combined membership of more than 1,200 insurance and financial services companies worldwide.
Serving the industry since 1916, LIMRA helps to advance the financial services industry by empowering nearly 600 financial services companies in 64 countries with knowledge, insights, connections and solutions.
Established in 1924, LOMA helps to advance the financial services industry by empowering more than 900 financial services companies worldwide with knowledge, insights, connections and solutions. Visit LOMA at www.loma.org.