We respect your privacy.
Our pledge to Our customers:
- We collect only the information We need to serve you and conduct Our business with you.
- We are committed to keeping your information confidential, and We place strict limits and controls on the use and sharing of your information.
- We make every effort to ensure the accuracy of information.
- We train all Our employees about the importance of protecting customer information in regard to customer respect, privacy, confidentiality, and security.
- All of Our licensed insurance agents and affiliates must adhere to Our Confidentiality Agreement.
- We practice and enforce procedural, physical, and electronic safeguards to protect customer information.
- We never sell customer information.
Information We collect and where We collect it
- Through cookies, We capture your IP address (the number assigned to your computer when you use the Internet), your domain name, browser and platform types, time you accessed Our site, and your activity while on Our site. Please read Our Cookies Policy for more details. We do not use Web Beacons to monitor your activity on Our site.
- We gather information you provide to Us on applications or forms, whether on this website, by mail or phone, or in conversation with Our insurance agents. We collect this information to service your accounts, and to provide information to you about Our products and services. This includes your name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, birth date, gender, Social Security number, assets, income, joint owners, and beneficiaries.
- We collect information received from consumer reporting agencies.
- We sometimes collect medical information. We may use this medical information for a product or service you’re interested in, to pay a claim, or to provide a service. We may share this information for these purposes if required or permitted by law. We do not use it for marketing purposes unless you give Us permission.
- Third parties, including Our service providers, may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites, including when you visit Our website. These companies may place anonymous cookies on your computer. These third party cookies help Us provide relevant marketing to you when you visit, or based on your activity, on Our website or third party websites. They do not contain personally identifiable information. Besides cookies, We may also use tracking pixels or similar tracking mechanisms to also track your usage patterns. Like cookies, these small files also do not store, record, or share any personally identifiable information about you.
Our Disclosure Policy
- We don’t sell your information for marketing purposes. We may disclose the information We collect to companies that perform marketing services on Our behalf, to other financial institutions with which We have joint marketing agreements, or to companies that you authorize Us to send your information. Any company with which We team must conform to Our privacy standards. So, there’s no reason for you to opt out from Our sharing this information with these companies. If We change Our policy, We’ll tell you and give you the opportunity to opt out before We share your information.
- We require that these companies, including Our own subsidiaries and affiliates, strictly maintain the confidentiality of this information and abide by all applicable laws. Companies within Our corporate family that may receive this information are financial service providers and insurance companies. Neither We nor those to whom We provide customer information sell Our customer information.
- Access to your nonpublic personal information is restricted to authorized employees who need the information to administer your business.
- We may disclose your personal information to perform necessary credit checks, to collect or report debts owed to Us, and to protect Our rights or property.
- At this time, We do not respond to browsers "do not track" signals or other mechanisms regarding the collection of personally identifiable information about your online activities over time and across different websites.
Privacy while Online
We employ safeguards to keep your information private and secure while you are online. Specific Internet practices include:
- Use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to encrypt transmitted data.
- Maintaining firewall barriers and authentication procedures to prevent unauthorized access.
- Reviewing Our policies and practices to stay in accord with industry standards for privacy.
- Testing the strength of Our security in order to maintain a secure website.
- Monitoring Our computer networks.
Protecting Children’s Privacy
We recognize the importance of protecting children’s privacy. It is Our policy never knowingly to collect personal information from children under the age of 18. Children who do wish to transmit information to Us must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Opting In/Opting Out of Marketing and Data Sharing
When you fill out forms on this website, including promotional offers, sweepstakes, contests, or requests to be contacted, you are, by default, allowing a representative of Us to contact you using the information you provided. Contact may be in response to customer service inquiries, to provide you with information or material you have requested or to provide you with marketing or promotional offers. Contact may include telephone solicitation and/or e-mail communications.
Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all marketing from Us. Federal law also requires Us to give you this notice to tell you about your choice to limit marketing from Us. You may limit Us and Our own subsidiaries, such as its insurance and securities affiliates, from marketing their products or services to you based on your personal information that they receive from Us. This information may include your assets and income, property address and value, account and policy information, and consumer report information.
Your choice to limit marketing offers from Us will apply for at least five (5) years from when you tell Us your choice. Once that period expires, you will receive a renewal notice that will allow you to continue to limit marketing offers from Us for at least another five (5) years.
To limit marketing offers, contact Us at 1-866-590-1349.
Western & Southern Affiliates
Currently, it is not Our practice to share information about you with Our affiliates for any purpose other than the administration of your financial product as permitted by law. In the future, We may determine that sharing your information with Our affiliates would benefit Our customers through enhanced services.
- Western & Southern Financial Group
- The Western and Southern Life Insurance Company
- Western-Southern Life Assurance Company
- W&S Agency Group
- W&S Brokerage Services, Inc.*
- W&S Financial Group Distributors, Inc.
- Columbus Life Insurance Company
- Eagle Realty Group, LLC
- Fort Washington Capital Partners, Inc.
- Fort Washington Investment Advisors, Inc.**
- IFS Financial Services, Inc.
- Insurance Profillment Solutions, LLC
- Integrity Life Insurance Company
- The Lafayette Life Insurance Company
- National Integrity Life Insurance Company
- Touchstone Advisors, Inc.**
- Touchstone Securities, Inc.*
You can set your browser to accept all cookies, block all cookies, or send a message when a cookie is being sent. Please be aware that if you reject or disable cookies on your web browser, parts of Our website may not be available to you.
To set cookie preferences when using Internet Explorer:
- On the Menu bar, select Tools-Internet Options.
- Select the Privacy tab.
- Drag the slider to the security level you want. The text will indicate what types of cookies you have blocked.
To set cookie preferences when using Firefox:
- Select Tools-Options-Privacy.
- Select "Cookies".
- Use the check boxes and drop-down menus to set your general preferences.
- Click the "Exceptions" button to block or permit cookies from selected sites.
- Click "OK".
If you are using another browser, the Help function can help you learn how to set cookie preferences.
*member FINRA / SIPC
**registered investment advisor
Last updated 04/30/2015
EF-PRIVACY (Rev. 7/2014)